Pages

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Helping those around me.

I find it interesting that as a seamstress I am called to do things for people that are more than a little different. It's really why I got into this gig. See clothing is a way we define ourselves. Some people go further afield in those definitions than others.

There are those who simply want to be Gothier Than Thou, there are those who throw themselves into Halloween in ways that make others wonder. There are those who simply do not fit the acceptable body types that major manufacturers make for. then we start getting into the communities: cross-dressers, fetish wear (which BTW is amazingly varied), the people at cons who like to dress up, Steampunk activities, and furz.

As I go along in the world and with this endeavor I learn that A) lots of people have some kind of freak inside just dying to come out and play. And B) it's an awful lot of fun to help them do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment